Hosting a holiday gathering may be tricky this year due to public health concerns. However, this should not be stopping you from celebrating the season. Whilst it won’t be a big celebration like you may want to, it doesn’t mean it should go under the table.
Here, we put together a few safe ways to celebrate this holiday with your family and friends. No matter how this celebration turns out. It will be a day to remember for the rest of your life.
Follow these tips
The key to a safe and healthy holiday plan is to keep it as intimate as possible. What does it mean? Limit your party/gathering to a small number of people. The fewer you invite, the less risk you pose for your guests. Say NO to crowded indoor gatherings.
Because indoor gatherings pose more risk than outdoor, host an outdoor event when possible. Otherwise, choose a well-ventilated space, or open windows and doors as much as possible.
Now that you have the location. It’s time to decorate it. If you are hosting an outdoor celebration, bring the right equipment to keep your friend and family comfortable such as an outdoor tent, heaters, and blankets, if needed.
Any gathering whether big or small needs FOOD. And this is our favorite part! Serve warming and yummy food and beverages. When serving, we recommend using disposable tableware if you are celebrating with groups outside your household. Real dinnerware is acceptable to use with a small group. However, the CDC recommends these additional food safety practices:
- Wear a mask while preparing food for or serving food to others.
- Limit people going in and out of the areas where food is being prepared.
- Identify one person to serve sharable items, like salad dressings, food containers, plates and utensils, and condiments.
- Ensure everyone washes their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after preparing, serving, and eating food.
- Change and wash linen items such as seating covers, tablecloths, linen napkins immediately following the event.
- Wash dishes in the dishwasher or with hot soapy water immediately following the gathering.
Last but not least, enjoy the moment and make special memories with your loved ones. While this may not be the celebration you were expecting, be grateful for all the people in your life.
Interested in our Event & Catering Services? Our Master Grillers are happy to help you plan and cater your next event by following CDC Guidelines. Contact us at (786) 300-8045 or email us at email@example.com